Nov 3, 2010

11/2/10 - finally arrived

At 2:22 pm on Tuesday afternoon, the phone rang and I answered.  I was definitely not expecting the next few minutes of my life to change our world forever, but it did.  We received our referral and she is beautiful.  We are calling her Baby A for now (her first name begins with A).  She was 2 years old in August.  God has brought us to this point and will carry us through as only He can.  I am in awe of His work and how He has provided this little one to our family. 

8 comments:

  1. Dear Mindy & Family,

    I rejoice with you and praise God for His perfect timing. I'm praying the rest of the adoption journey goes smoothly and QUICK so you can bring your precious little girl home.

    Praise God!!!

    Love,

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise GOD!!!!! We have prayed and prayed and then prayed some more!!! What a testimate of waiting on the Lord to provide this whole process has been not only for your family, but mine!!!

    Can't wait to have this little sweet gift in my Prayer Group!!!

    Love to the Gray's,
    The Brody's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nick and Mindy-
    We are soooo happy for all of you! I know this has been a long awaited time for you!! God is amazing!
    Love-
    Scott Jamie Bayleigh Ryleigh and Lane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nick, Mindy, Hannah, and Hailey, We are so very excited for you!!! God is an awesome God and He has wonderful plans for your family of 6!! (can't leave out Abby) We love you so much and can't wait to meet our new granddaughter!!!

    Love,
    Mom and Dad Ashman

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it just like God to send you a referral the 2nd day into National Adoption Awareness month? God is so awesome. I was listening to Moody yesterday and there was a lot of stories and talk about adoption and I just couldn't help, but praise the Lord for how He is working!!

    He loves the orphans and He loves us! He adopted us into His family. God is so gracious, loving, kind and faithful.

    Love,

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mindy, Nick, Hannah, and Hailey,
    We are so happy for this news. You have perservered, and waited on the Lord to answer your prayer. We also thought it was significant that God chose to give this news to you during national adoption awareness month. We also anxiously await the arrival of our new granddaughter. Our prayer is that God will keep her safe until she arrives safely in your arms.
    Love, Mom and Dad Gray

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for you! Adoption is such a miracle!!! God's blessings to you. I love this song, too!

    Tammy, your Aunt Pam's co-worker

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mindy (Nick, Hannah, and Hailey),
    I will always remember the moment when time stood still as you told me of your phone call and took out the most precious paper from your pocket!! I am so excited for her to become part of your family! How lucky for the girls to have another sister to love! Keep us posted about your incredible journey. We want to know about every step you take (especially the ones in Ethiopia) as you prepare for her arrival!!!

    ReplyDelete