Nov 18, 2010

Excited and anxious

I would say those are the two words that sum up most of what we're feeling...excited to finally see her face and know her name; anxious to take that first trip, then the second trip with the girls to bring her home!  Her forever home, it's unbelievable!  Our home study caseworker came to our house two days after we received our referral to update everything, making sure nothing is left to chance.  We have been so blessed by her work for us.  We've sent 3 requests for re-fingerprinting and who knows how many background checks again, making sure everything's up to par (who knew fingerprints expire?)  We bought a little book called Simple Amharic for Adoptive Families and are listening to the cd to make sure we pronounce things correctly.  The girls are now calling our dog Abby WIH-shah (Amharic word for dog).  I have to say my favorite phrase so far is "you are my daughter" -- ahn-CHEE lee-JAY nesh.  And yes I'm crying as I type that.
Now we wait for that call saying our court date has been scheduled.  Oh Happy Day indeed!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Happy Day indeed! I'm so excited for you and your family. I'm praying for you, your family and Baby A!! We can't wait to meet her.

    Love,

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! I am so excited for you as your travel day grows closer. I remember that excitement, and I feel it for you, too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very excited for you! Keep the updates coming!

    ReplyDelete