Jul 20, 2011

3 month visit

It's hard to believe but our caseworker was over yesterday for our 3 month post placement visit!  She was amazed at how far Ayelech has come since she saw her at the 1 month visit and so are we.  Ayelech must have decided in her head that this was showtime because she showed off her dancing skills, did a few gymnastics, and talked non-stop in her sweet broken English.  The weather is extremely hot but I laugh when I hear her tell us she's hot.  Ethiopia was almost always eighty degrees or more but they didn't have the humidity.  If she gets a little sweaty, she wants to sit by the fan or have "a/c" as she calls it.  Yep, I think she is handling her transition quite well in America (:

2 comments:

  1. Little Ayelech just steals my heart with her cuteness, her adorable smiles and how she just fits into your family!!! God has been so good sister!!!

    I'm thankful the visit went so well. I was thinking the same thing when I saw you last week- Ayelech has adjusted so well to your family. It's like she's been with you since she was born. She is such a blessing to us all!! Hannah and Hailey are such wonderful big sisters to her!! Proud of them too!!!

    Love,

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad things are going well!!!

    -Tammy Allison

    ReplyDelete