....today is the day to begin our journey with us...a long road filled with hope and promise of a new family member from Ethiopia. A precious child that God has already chosen waits to come home and we can't wait for her to get here!
Dec 2, 2009
Waiting
I'm always amazed by God's timing and this last week in the 1st grade Sunday School class was no different. The lesson was about Elizabeth and Zechariah from Luke chapter 1. They wanted a baby so bad and they prayed for YEARS for a child. When they were advanced in age (our pastor explained to the kids they were like grandparents age already), God gave them a child---John the Baptist! So does God answer prayer always? Most definitely--with three answers----yes, no, or wait. And the answer "wait" is perhaps the hardest to hear. How long Lord? What am I waiting for? So I was reminded of the footprints in the sand poem this morning and that we so often question where God is in our lives. But when we look back, we see it was Him who carried us through. The pastor challenged the kids during this Christmas season to be good "waiters" which is so difficult when they know presents are looming right? Today I'm praying that God teaches me to be a good "waiter" too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Merry Christmas precious one. May God protect you as we wait to bring you home. We love you!
ReplyDeleteMindy & Family,
ReplyDeleteThinking of your precious one at Christmas time and trusting the Lord to protect and keep her safe. May the Lord remind her of His deep love for her. May He surround her with godly people who will show Christ's love in a tangible way.
I can't wait to meet this precious one. Thanks for allowing us a chance to be along for the journey.
Love,
Julie