As I was reading through old posts, I am reminded how far we've come in this process. The referral period is now 6-8 months (but we are almost at the 5 month period!!!!) and two trips are now required. The first trip will be our court date at which both Nick and I need to be there for. Then our second trip, the one where we get to bring our newest addition home with us, will be when the girls join us. Anxious for that day I tell you, so exciting to think about! We met a family at church who is in the process of adopting from Russia and they should get their referral in August, wow!
Our home study agency contacted us and since we will be at the court date, we no longer need our foster care license. (in the past, our power of attorney and agency would have represented us at the court date which is why the two visits are now required) So changes as always in the international arena but so worth it all.
Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord..."
No comments:
Post a Comment