....today is the day to begin our journey with us...a long road filled with hope and promise of a new family member from Ethiopia. A precious child that God has already chosen waits to come home and we can't wait for her to get here!
Aug 1, 2010
1/2 marathon
When we found out that two trips to Ethiopia are now required, we prayed about doing a fundraiser. A few months ago, doing a run sounded like a possibility but as time went on and we didn't know any more information, we decided to wait. But I was already signed up and training for Chicago's 1/2 marathon, so today I ran it knowing that each step will bring us closer to our goal of bringing our new little one home. There were times that I really hurt, but God gave me hope and strength to finish. One of the runners I saw had Phillipians 4:13 printed on the back of her shirt.... "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." He gives us strength indeed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment