Jan 18, 2011

Choosing to SEE

I am finishing Mary Beth Chapman's book, Choosing to SEE and want to share this page where she wrote about the first time she met their first adopted daughter....
In that moment, time stopped.  It was like God was speaking to me directly.  "Mary Beth, you thickheaded woman, do you not understand now that this is the very way I see you?  You are this orphan!  I adopted you and you are Mine!  I bought you for a price!  Do you see how you love this baby?  That's just a faint reflection of how much I love you!  You didn't have a name, and I gave you a name.  You did nothing to deserve my love, and I love you anyway.  You had no hope, no future, and now you are the daughter of the King!"  I saw it.  The second she was placed in my arms, I would have fought to the death to protect her.  I loved her with everything inside of me.  "Do you get it now?"  God was saying to me.  Under the blanket, this baby was wrapped in rags.  She was poor.  She didn't smell good.  She was hungry.  There was nothing about her that had 'earned' my love.  But I loved her powerfully, deeply, absolutely.  Period.  I got it. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Mindy, you have me in tears sharing in your joy reading this entry. Just chills running up and down my arms realizing it is only 3 weeks away!!!! We continue to pray that everything will go smoothly and that God will surround all of you with His Almighty love & protection. We can't wait to hear more!!!!

    Tami Stege

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindy, how blessed Baby A is to be a part of your family who loves God so much and who wants to give that love to her. I can't imagine how she felt inside when she heard your voices and read your words in the book you sent. God is so good!! 13 days and you'll be holding her in your arms. Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete