Jun 18, 2011

Reflecting

    As I flipped another day on the calendar, I realized that June 11th was 2 months since our family became five.  On April 11, we stood in that nicely air conditioned US Embassy building in front of a window that looked similar to the driver's license office.  Hannah had been throwing up, Ayelech threw up all over me but we were there.  There were threats that the embassy wasn't going to open also.  We prayed as to whether we should get on the plane or stay home and wait.  God reminded me that circumstances aren't always how we want them to be, but He follows through on His promises no matter what.  He has not promised us the easy road but has promised us His love and mercy and forgiveness. 
     The girls have had their first week of summer and Ayelech loves having them home.  We've been swimming, in the splash fountains, to tennis lessons, youth group, and even the library.  She went to her church class last week for the first time and told me to go!  Seriously, I was so worried that she'd be scared but she said "Mommy go".  I sat in church just waiting for them to flash our number to pick her up but that never happened.  She colored a picture and told us she danced (her version of their worship time?).  Little steps are big to me as I watch her change and develop into a beautiful little girl, our daughter.

1 comment:

  1. So glad things are going well! I remember the first time Jay-R told me to go...it tugs at your heart, but you know they have learned that you always come back! Have a great summer!
    -Tammy, Allison Family blog

    ReplyDelete